Rotary Club News
Submitted by Janet Henkel
As the Kenilworth Rotary Club wraps up this Rotary year, we are happy to see how much we have accomplished throughout the year. One year ago, we decided to resume our in-person club meetings. We set up our schedules and through our friendship with Caetano Morales, we were able to have our lunches at Caetano’s Cucina in Kenilworth.
We started working on service projects, which include:
- Providing lunch to our First Responders during the 9/11 ceremony
- Donations to our local food pantries
- Participated in our annual Christmas gifts programs for Children and Families
- Dictionary Project – 3rd Graders
- Donating to the Kenilworth PBA’s fishing derby
- Honoring our Students of the Month
- Participated in our Annual Scholarship Program
- Organizing our Annual Scholarship Day Camp and Camp Program
- Participating in the Kenilworth Street Fair – Fundraising
- End of Year Teacher Appreciation Day
In the spring of ’22, we focused on the projects that involve basic education and literacy. We held our annual scholarship program and celebrated the academic achievements of the high school students who have excelled throughout the year. We awarded two scholarships to two David Brearley High School students and hosted a lunch with nine students who we recognized for their academic achievements.
We also choose to acknowledge and show appreciation for our educators. With a generous donation from our local Dunkin Donuts, we were able to give out 165 gift cards to our teachers. This gesture was important to us. We believe that along with the hard work that the students put into academic excellence, the teachers work equally hard.
This year, we marked 75 years of service with a dinner party at 572 Boulevard, we celebrated with Rotary dignitaries, retired Rotary members, and friends.
As we wrap up the year, I want to say thank you to my fellow Rotarians and to the people who have taken time from their busy days to meet with us. If you are interested in joining the Kenilworth Rotary Club or would like information about our projects, please contact, Sandra Trapani, Club President, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 908-349-0441.