Warren’s Educators of the Year 2020
Five teachers and five Educational Services Professionals from Warren Township Schools have been named the recipients of the Governor’s Educator of the Year awards. Three additional Warren teachers have achieved the Exemplary Educator Recognition Award.
During the week of December 7, Board of Education President, Christian Bellman and Vice President, Patricia Zohn, joined Dr. Matthew Mingle, Superintendent, to visit each school for a socially distanced, surprise visit to notify each of the recipients of their award with a special congratulatory bouquet of flowers, pictures, rounds of applause, and well wishes. The New Jersey Teacher of the Year Program and the Governor’s Teacher/Educational Services Professionals Recognition Program has been integrated into the Governor’s Educator of the Year Award.
This updated program highlights educational innovation, student achievement, the rewards of teaching, and important services outside the classroom environment that lead to student success.
During the 2019-2020 school year, the Warren administrative team nominated three teachers for the Exemplary Educator Recognition Program and all three were selected. The goal of this program is to identify outstanding educators for special recognition. Nominees must be individuals who exhibit strong knowledge and skills, an inspiring presence, and a positive impact on students, colleagues, and the school community.
The following is a list of Warren Township Schools staff members and their awards.
Classroom Teacher Recipients
- ALT – Brittany Leonard, Special Education Teacher
- Central – Patsy Iannacone, Kindergarten Teacher
- Mt. Horeb – Cristina Trump, Grade 5 Teacher
- Woodland – Susan Leonard, Grade 2 Teacher
- Middle – Jeannie Pang – Mandarin and Math Teacher
Educational Services Professional Recipients
- ALT – Elizabeth Bisson, Paraprofessional
- Central – Alyssa Pech, School Counselor
- Mt. Horeb – Doris Zanchelli, School Nurse
- Woodland – Alexandra Pranzo, School Counselor
- Middle – Linda Yu, LDTC
Exemplary Educator Recognition Program
- Central – Julie Jagiello, Special Education Teacher
- Central/Mt. Horeb – Mark Weber, Instrumental Music Teacher
- Woodland – Amanda McGrath – Grade 3 Teacher/Librarian
Each award recipient was nominated for his/ her commitment to providing excellent education and cultivating an environment where each student is able to achieve his/her fullest potential. The district is grateful for the participation from the Warren community, students, and the many wonderful Warren staff who nominated their peers.
Superintendent Matthew Mingle says, “Warren Township Schools benefit from the dedication of talented educators day in and day out. It is wonderful to take a moment to celebrate some of our shining stars!”
Warren Township School’s Teachers are Shining Brighter Every Day!