Community Day at Memorial Field
The Summit Police Department is hosting a Community Day on Wednesday, July 14 from 9:30AM to 1:30PM at Soldiers Memorial Field on 5 Myrtle Ave. in Summit.
The purpose of the event is to promote further understanding among young neighbors of the role of first responders in our community, county and state. Each participating agency will present for approximately 30 minutes on its area of expertise. The schedule is as follows:
- 9:30AM UC Sheriff’s Department K-9 Unit
- 10:15AM UC Police Bomb Squad Unit
- 11AM UC SWAT Team
- 11:30AM Summit Fire Department
- 12PM Summit Volunteer First Aid Squad
- 12:30PM Mountain Valley Communications
- 1PM New Jersey State Police Aviation Bureau (Helicopter Landing)
There is no cost to participate in Community Day. Complimentary hot dogs and refreshments will be provided by the Summit PAL. Presentation content will be suitable for children ages six and older.
In the event of inclement weather, the event will be held on Thursday, July 15. For more information or to participate with your camp or school group, please contact Detective Sergeant Ryan Peters at email@example.com or 908-273-5871.