Rahway High School is hosting a “Grand Opening” on Saturday, October 12th to showcase the improvements at this building. Tours will be given starting at 10am, and a program will be held in the new auditorium at 5pm, showcasing student performance, invited guest speakers, etc. The Rahway Public Schools wish to thank the community for its support of this project. As we continue to move forward, together we will provide opportunities to our students and “Expect Excellence” in our schools.
The September 2009 Rahway Public Bond Referendum project has reached substantial completion. The project’s total cost was $34 million, of which $22.8 million was funded by the local bond referendum. The remaining $11.2 million was funded by the State of NJ through R.O.D. Grants. This project has brought our district into the 21st Century by updating systems district-wide.
- Secure vestibules in all elementary schools
- New fire alarm systems in all schools
- New solar panels at both the 7th & 8th Grade Academy and RHS
- New electrical service at Grover Cleveland, the 7th & 8th Grade Academy, and RHS
- New performing arts addition at RHS, including new band room, chorus room, dance studio, rama classroom, and a state-of-the-art auditorium upgrade
- New family and consumer science labs at RHS
- New state-of-the-art science labs at the 7th & 8th Grade Academy, and RHS
- A new addition at Grover Cleveland School with classrooms and Media Center
- New HVAC system at the 7th & 8th Grade Academy
- New floor and auditorium seating at Roosevelt School