Are you in need of innovation, inspiration, or organizational tactics for taking your business to the next level? Then look no further than your local Somerset County book providers – your Library and your neighborhood Barnes & Noble.
On October 17 from 6-8:30 p.m. at the Barnes & Noble located at 319 US-202 in Bridgewater, SCLSNJ Librarians Manny Miracle and Cathy DeBerry will be discussing the 15 best (and newest) books for business professionals.
“Books written by titans in their industry provide valuable insights about succeeding in the face of daunting challenges and finding opportunity in the most unlikely places,” said Manny Miracle, adult services librarian at SCLSNJ’s Mary Jacobs Memorial Library branch. “Quality information offers professionals a competitive advantage by sparking new ideas and providing cutting edge practices that benefit both client and provider.”
A list of the newest business reads from 2016 and 2017, curated by SCLSNJ’s business librarians:
- “Payoff: The Hidden Logic That Shapes Our Motivations (TED Books)” by Dan Ariely
- “Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers” by Jay Baer
- “Barking Up the Wrong Tree: The Surprising Science Behind Why Everything You Know About Success Is (Mostly) Wrong” by Eric Barkerc(also available as an eResource)
- “Pivot: The Only Move That Matters Is Your Next One” by Jenny Blake (also available as an eResource)
- “Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance” by Angela Duckworth (also available as an eResource)
- “Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers” by Timothy Ferriss (also available as an eResource)
- “Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World” by Adam Grant and Sheryl Sandberg
- “All in: 101 Real Life Business Lessons for Emerging Entrepreneurs” by Bill Green
- “The Entrepreneur’s Playbook: More Than 100 Proven Strategies, Tips, and Techniques to Build a Radically Successful Business” by Leonard C. Green and Paul B. Brown
- “The Lost Art of Closing: Winning the Ten Commitments That Drives Sales” by Anthony Iannarino
- “Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days” by Jake Knapp, John Zeratsky, and Braden Kowitz
- “Boss Bitch: A Simple 12-Step Plan to Take Charge of Your Career” by Nicole Lapin
- “Everybody Lies: Big Data, New Data, and What the Internet Can Tell Us About Who We Really Are” by Seth Stephens-Davidowitz (also available as an eResource)
- “Fortune Makers: The Leaders Creating China’s Great Global Companies” by Michael Useem, Harbir Singh, Neng Liang, and Peter Cappelli
- “Captivate: The Science of Succeeding With People” by Vanessa Van Edwards
“The Somerset County Library System of New Jersey continues to serve as a strong partner and resource in the community and to Barnes & Noble, Bridgewater. We are excited to welcome them!” said Nicolle Oppenheimer, Barnes & Noble Community Business Development Manager.
There will be time to network, so bring plenty of business cards. To register to attend this event, call 908-526-7425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Catherine DeBerry
As a librarian for 15 years, Somerset County Library System of New Jersey’s Catherine DeBerry has stepped into the role of being one of the “go to” business authorities in the library system. DeBerry is now branching out and fostering programming for another important community group – Somerset County adults with special needs. For more information, visit SCLSNJ.org.
About Manny Miracle
Manny Miracle has worked in nonprofit, for profit and government agencies, always with a focus on creating partnerships to the benefit of all parties involved. A librarian for just three years, Miracle is increasingly interested in outreach opportunities that underscore the value of the library to every member of the community. Miracle believes that information has the power to grow businesses and enrich lives. Miracle obtained her MLS at Clarion University of P.A. and earned her B.A. in Journalism and Mass Media from Rutgers University of New Brunswick, N.J.
About Somerset County Library System of New Jersey
Somerset County Library System of New Jersey (SCLSNJ) partners with you to connect, to explore, to share and to discover. Together we enrich lives, expand knowledge and strengthen communities. SCLSNJ branches can be found in Bridgewater, Bound Brook, Hillsborough, Manville, North Plainfield, Peapack & Gladstone, Rocky Hill at Mary Jacobs Memorial Library, Somerville, Warren Township, and Watchung. Additionally, there are two SCLSNJ reading stations in Branchburg and Washington Valley. Visit SCLSNJ.org.